Woman with MS applying lip gloss Share on Pinterest
Julie Rice poses with lip gloss she created for her all-natural beauty line. Paradigm via Isis Briones

Information technology wasn't the stress of party planning that made Julie Rice laissez passer out v days before her wedding vi years agone. She was 33 years old at the time, and her body was trying to tell her something.

"All the doctors thought I was just being a crazy helpmate," she told Healthline.

No one suspected Rice really had multiple sclerosis (MS), a chronic autoimmune disease that affects the primal nervous system.

"All of a sudden, I started having weird sensations and tingling feelings, and I couldn't keep upwardly with the piece of work or multitask like I used to," Rice said, recalling how she urgently tried to estimate at what her symptoms might hateful. At one bespeak, she thought it could be Lyme disease.

At the fourth dimension, Rice was working for a small cosmetics visitor, and she had a lot on her plate already.

"I was totally stressed out and overworked, simply my whole life has been like that — I'thou a hard worker!" she said.

Rice went through a series of tests during her dark in the ER. It was a neurologist who offset detected what was wrong.

"The neurologist called and told me, 'The MRI of your brain is abnormal and the lesions are indicative of MS,'" she recalled.

Rice couldn't believe it. She didn't know what it meant for her hereafter.

"I was sitting there on my hospital bed in daze with a low-battery telephone Googling what MS even was," she said. Rice was grateful that she had her hereafter hubby with her to figure out her new normal.

Rice fabricated it to her nuptials day and managed to walk down the aisle as planned, merely zippo was the aforementioned.

Her diagnosis was early phase MS with relatively mild symptoms, and she began treatment correct away. Rice has managed her symptoms ever since — only some of the near important aspects of her life have changed.

After 15 years of working in the cosmetics manufacture, she began to realize how picayune the beauty industry catered to people with MS or those with sensitive bodies managing other autoimmune disorders.

It was difficult for Rice to surrender her longtime beauty routine, but she felt like switching over to all-natural products was the best, healthiest conclusion for her.

"I was hesitant to switch over to natural dazzler products, only I had to take it downwardly several notches," she expressed. "I was wearing a lot of makeup, a full confront every day, but I knew I couldn't keep it up."

Overall, Rice is grateful that her symptoms aren't as intense as they could exist, but fatigue withal has had a major impact on Rice's daily life.

That's why she was on the chase for simple, dual-purpose beauty products that she could slip on in minutes. She didn't desire to mess around with multiple steps or rummage through drawers for different products for each part of her confront.

"I couldn't go a quick, full makeup look with all the moisturizers, mascaras, and concealers I was putting on," she said. "Plus, having all this on felt similar information technology was weighing me downwardly, and that didn't brand me feel nifty."

While she knew she needed to make a alter, she likewise didn't want to splurge on beauty products that didn't piece of work every bit well.

Every bit soon as she got her diagnosis, Rice started shopping at the pop healthy hot spots, like Credo Beauty and Whole Foods.

"Every time I bought something, it was always expensive, and I didn't similar it," she explained. "I wanted to use things with natural ingredients, merely I didn't want them to feel as if they're lesser quality."

Rice's entrepreneurial solution was to launch her ain all-natural dazzler brand online, chosen Inner Beauty Cosmetics.

Share on Pinterest
Paradigm via Isis Briones

Rice noticed her body was more sensitive than it had been in the past, and this made it challenging to develop and exam a dazzler line. In fact, her medication ended upwards getting in the way of production.

"I changed medications a couple of times," she shared. "We went through 12 unlike formulas for the mascara because I kept having allergic reactions, and we found out my medication was causing the complications."

She found that creating dazzler products for the optics was the most difficult part, considering some of the product can be absorbed through sensitive pare.

Beyond prioritizing quality, Rice didn't desire to go back to a long and complicated getting-ready process either. She cleverly cut her makeup routine time by more than half with her extra-versatile line.

"It shouldn't be hard to brand yourself await adept," she pointed out. "Most of my products are multiuse, nothing requires a brush, and everything can be applied with your fingertips."

According to Rice, she now gets fix in exactly five minutes, and she doesn't skip out on anything either.

"From concealer to my lip balm that doubles as a moisturizing primer, I embrace the no-makeup makeup look and apply everything in five minutes," she excitedly said.

Even for people who love their dazzler routine, sometimes beauty has to accept a dorsum seat. At the aforementioned fourth dimension, Rice proved to herself that it's possible to savour a natural makeup look without putting in much effort.

Her ultimate mission is bigger: Convince fellow beauty lovers with health conditions that they don't demand to compromise on their beauty routine to feel healthy.

"I don't even want anyone to know these products are different," Rice said about her beauty line. She doesn't desire people to call back of her products as "alternative."

Instead, she added, "I'thou hoping they become the new standard for beauty."